Friday, June 1, 2018

La Grampa

                                                                                                          May 21, 2018
Hi Everyone!
 
This week was awesome, my new companion is the best, very hardworking and obedient and is helping me finish the mission just how I want to! 
Dreams really do come true...about 20 minutes from Yacuiba there is a little town called the Grampa, and ever since I got here I have always wanted to go. Well this week we finally got our chance. The Sisters gave us a reference for a family from the Grampa (don't get confused here, I am referring to their place of origin, not their paternal grandfather) So last night at about 6:04 we took a trufi to the Grampa and got to visit the Arancibia Family. What a day to be alive!
This week it got real cold here in Yacuiba (a whopping 45 degrees). I have gotten so used to the heat that I have become real wimpy I am no longer worthy to call myself a Chicagoan.
Paul is doing really well, we had a couple of solid lessons with him this week and watched "Finding faith in Christ" with him. We talked about the story of Peter trying to walk on water and talked about how sometimes coming to Jesus Christ can be something that fills us with fear and doubt. We have to let our faith be bigger than our fear in order to come unto Him and be saved. Paul accepted a baptismal date for June 2nd, please pray that he can attend church this week!

Joel is also progressing poco a poco. We watched "Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration" movie with him this week. (I would highly recommend it if you haven't seen it!)

Enjoying movie night with Joel 














As we watched it, Joel was able to feel the Spirit and gain a testimony of the restoration which was amazing! He is struggling to attend church so please pray that he can stop working on Sundays.

Felix is doing great, he went to church again yesterday and his family kicked him out of his house because he is listening to us. It is amazing that some people are persecuted "for the crime of building homes and worshipping God," but Felix is a great example to me of being willing to sacrifice everything to follow Christ.

I feel blessed to have met such amazing people and we continue to find the elect each and every week! I know this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith was a Prophet called of God and truly testified of Jesus Christ! I feel blessed to be a part of the restored Church of Jesus Christ and to tell people that God once again has spoken with His children!
Love you all! Have a good week!
Elder Harris




No comments:

Post a Comment