Monday, June 25, 2018

I've got my bag of peanuts and I'm ready to fly...

                                                                                                             June 25, 2018
Dear Family,

Where has 2 years gone???? It is crazy that my mission is already coming to an end, but I couldn't have asked for a better last week here in Yacuiba! 
 
This weekend Fernando was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!
 
His baptism was really special!! It was one of the most spiritual baptisms of my whole mission!
 
 
Fernando's wonderful family
 
 
A couple of weeks ago he went to a baptismal service in the other branch and told us afterwards that he had felt something that penetrated him to the heart. On Saturday as we were changing after the baptism, I asked him if he had felt that feeling today. He said "Yeah, but a lot stronger!"
I am so happy he was able to feel the Spirit and recognize that the decision he made was the correct one!
 
How I will miss these dear people who I have grown to love so much!!!
Take me back to Primary!!
 
My best friend Gonzalo
Familia Fernandez
I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for letting me come here to Bolivia and serve in this part of His vineyard for two years. It is by far the best decision I have ever made and the greatest blessing I have ever received. There have been hard moments, tear-filled moments, and moments when I simply felt like I couldn't do this anymore, but those were the moments when I learned how much my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me.
 
Like Paul said, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith...the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me" (2 Timothy 4)
 
I am eternally grateful for everything He has taught me the past two years and for such an amazing opportunity to help my brothers and sisters know the truth: God lives. He loves each one of us. He is the same yesterday today and forever. He sent His son Jesus Christ to show the way. The Savior calls us each and everyday to come unto Him. As we follow Him we will find more peace and happiness in this life than in any other way.
 
How lucky I feel to be a representative of Jesus Christ! There is nothing that has brought me greater joy than serving my Father in heaven these past two years!
 
I love all of you. I'm grateful for your love and support and for the part each of you has played in helping me fulfill my mission here in Bolivia.
 
See you Friday!!!!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment