Monday, June 25, 2018

Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd

                                                                                                June 11, 2018
Hi Family,
 
This week was great! My new companion, Elder Calani, is from Potosi Bolivia and has about a month in the mission! He was previously in Nicaragua, but had to return to Bolivia because of political problems so I am technically his trainer! But for less than three weeks which is sad... ·#orphan

But it has been a great week! Fernando has progressed A TON!! He stayed all three hours at church on Sunday, for the first time ever which was huge! He and Felix attended a baptismal service on Saturday and they both loved it! Fernando felt the Spirit for sure and wants to be baptized, but feels he is not ready yet. Pray for him that he can overcome his fears and be baptized this Saturday!
 
I wish I could say more, but time is short (As always)
 
Sometimes when we make mistakes we may ask ourselves "Will Christ really forgive me again after I have fallen short so many times? Would He really want me to partake of the sacrament and be clean?"
 
This week while watching a video of the Savior instituting the sacrament, the words He said to His disciples really struck me: "Take, eat" He didn't passively let them know that He would die for their sins and explain to them that if they wanted, they could eat and drink the bread and water. Instead, He pleaded with them to partake of the blessings of His Atonement!
 
If you ever wonder if He would really want you to come unto Him and be clean, stop wondering!
 
He loves us. He cares about us and begs us to repent and come unto Him so that we can be clean.
 
Alma 5:33
 
Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men, for the arms of mercy are extended towards them, and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.
 
D&C 19:16-17 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent. But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I.
 
If we don't repent and live His gospel, His sacrifice will have been in vain! He wants us to come unto Him and participate of the Salvation He has bought with His suffering.
 
I love him and I am grateful He was willing to do that for me and for each one of  you.
 
I'll end with a few fun pictures from our week to make you smile! 
 

Dreams really do come true!
  
When they draw you and your companion


A little more realistic...


What to do with a giant gift bag


Meanwhile at the Ant Farm at 5 in the morning
 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment