Monday, May 8, 2017

Transfers

Hi Family!                                                                             May 8, 2017
 
This week was transfers and Elder Wirthlin is going to Santa Cruz!
 
I will miss Elder Wirthlin and am sad to say goodbye. He has been a great companion and friend! 

Elder Wirthlin saying goodbye to a member
I received a new companion, Elder Campozano! He is from Ecuador and has about 3 months in the mission! He is a semi-pro soccer player and he knows A LOT. He has taught me a lot already and we are seeing a lot of success with finding new investigators!

Yesterday was our first official meeting as a branch and it was great! Lots of great testimonies...yesterday we discovered there is no one in the branch that plays the piano so I had to play. I was never very good and it has been a long time since I practiced so I just played the top line of each hymn and it was awful haha. But so far I am looking like the favorite for branch pianist.

We had a lot of great lessons this week. I am learning how to look for opportunities to find and teach in every moment and it is something that has really helped us!

Raul is progressing well, he couldn't go to church yesterday which was a bummer but he told us he is praying every day and he feels so much more peace than when he first started talking to us! Pray that he can go to church this week so he can be baptized next Saturday!

We couldn't meet with the three young men Saturday because they were busy, but this week we found a lot of new investigators that are really good! One is Juan Illanes, who is really sincere and asked us if baptism was necessary. We explained to him baptism and read in John 3:5 and he said "Well that's the goal then, its obvious!" He has a baptismal date for the third of June.

This week I learned a lot about the power of prayer and fasting. I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. If we are willing to kneel down and talk to our Father in Heaven He will listen and comfort us! I know the Holy Ghost is the comforter and Heavenly Father lets us feel his presence because He loves us and wants to guide and comfort us. I am grateful for adversity and this week I was thinking a lot about a line from one of my new favorite songs that says:

"Give me mountains to climb, give me rivers to cross, give me something that's gonna make me better than I was."

I am happy that Heavenly Father gives us hard things to help us become more like Him, but that only happens as we endure it well and put in practice the teachings of the Savior! I am thankful for trials and this marvelous plan our Heavenly Father has for each one of us!

Love you all and have a great week!

Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment