Tuesday, May 30, 2017

710236482913463654393 BLESSINGS!!!!

Hi Family!                                                                             May 22, 2017

Hope the title of this email doesn't look like some sort of scam.

This week has been really great! The Lord is blessing us so much and has led us to so many new investigators this week!


Raul is on track to be baptized this Saturday! The other day he told us, "I won't be able to go to church this Sunday because I have meetings for the countryside association every third Sunday, but I am going to talk to them and ask if we can change it to Saturday." So they accepted, and he said now he will be able to attend church every Sunday! This was such an eye opener to me and helped me learn about the nature of repentance. It can be simple things like that! He recognized he needed to make a change in his life, did what was necessary and is now striving to keep the commandments! He is really ready and we are excited for this Saturday!

This week I decided I was going to try to read the scriptures in Spanish...pretty sure I am the only gringo missionary with more than three months in the mission that doesn't study in Spanish, but it was hard for me before! But I tried again this week and it is going a lot better so hooray for the gift of tongues.

I am also really happy because Cristina Humacata is doing super well! She went to church again yesterday and brought Nayara, another woman we are teaching who lives in her house! So that was really exciting and a huge blessing that she came!

Here are a few pictures from our P-day activity on Monday, where
all the missionaries in our District visited a mountain area called Cristo.



In the old days it was used for human sacrifice.

Elder Campozano and me goofing around
I also found a cow on the way down.

 
This week I read a talk that taught me a really important lesson. It's from Elder Uchtdorfs talk, "A summer with great aunt Rose," from a few Conferences back. I encourage all of you to read it because it helped me understand that we can CHOOSE to be happy! We just have to focus on the good and be more grateful for all of the ways we are blessed and we will always be happy no matter what our circumstances!

I love the mission...I learn something new every day and I feel like I have grown more in these past 10 months than the other 18 years of my life haha. I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Choose to be happy!

Love,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment