Thursday, February 23, 2017

An Action Packed Week Filled With Blessings

                                                                                                    January 30, 2017
 
This week was crazy!!!! We had 4 intercambios (exchanges) during the week and I couldn't have imagined a more exciting week. So I will just share some of the best parts.

On Wednesday we had the worldwide missionary transmission! They made some changes in the schedule and now I have more time to sleep each night (hooray!) The transmission was great and afterwards I went on an intercambio with my district leader Elder Owen. He is a super good district leader and although it was short I learned a lot. Also, we both look super gringo so there was lots of name calling and jokes made.
 
On Thursday we practiced our musical number (tried to send a video but the file is too large) and went out for ice cream after. It was my first time eating real ice cream in a long time and it made me miss Coldstone haha.
 
Saturday, Elder Quentin L Cook came and spoke to our mission and the Santa Cruz North mission together and it was an amazing conference! Our musical number went really well and the Lord answered my prayers. I know by the power of the Holy Ghost that Elder Cook is an apostle of the Lord. His wife directed us in singing some of my favorite hymns. Singing "Hark All Ye Nations" with more than 300 other missionaries was incredible. We also sang, "How Firm a Foundation," as the closing hymn and the Spirit was so strong! I love the hymns and the power of music in helping us feel the Spirit. 
 
Elder Cook was great and spoke a lot about love and our divine calling as representatives of the Savior.  One of the blessings he gave of us was the assurance that everyone we love will be blessed by this mission. I am sure of that principle as I have already seen many blessings and continue to be blessed each day. 
 
After the Conference I had an intercambio with Elder Sierra for the afternoon! We got to visit a lot of recent converts and it was so good being back with him!
He was able to stay for the baptism, which went really well!
Marina and her four grandchildren were baptized.
Marina understands her baptismal covenant so well and it makes me really happy! She is going to be the rock of this family and have such an amazing influence on her children and grandchildren!
 
On Sunday we had armadillo for lunch (always a dream of mine.)
 

It was suprisingly delicious and a great memory.
They gave each of the missionaries a claw to keep.
 
We are also teaching an 11 year old boy named Omar. Yesterday we received permission from his parents to  baptize him on Saturday! So that was really exciting. He goes to church on his own each Sunday and is so ready to make this commitment.
 
I am so grateful for the mission and this opportunity to serve the Savior! We have been so blessed here in Guapilo and the Lord's work is going forth until it fills the earth! What a privilege to play a small part in that work!
 
I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment