Thursday, February 23, 2017

Bienvenidos a Tarija

                                                                                            February 15, 2017
Hi Everyone!

So this week was cambios and I have been transferred to Tarija (Tar-ee-huh), which is basically the most beautiful place on earth!





 On Wednesday we had a one hour flight from Santa Cruz and it was really fun getting to be in a plane for some reason.



It was tough saying goodbye to members and converts in Guapilo, but I am looking forward to new changes.
 
Bishop and the boys together for the last time.
Last visit with the Nunez family 
My new companion is Elder Wirthlin from Detroit and it is really weird having a gringo companion again, but I love it. His trainer just died (finished his mission) so I will be finishing his training and I love elder Wirthlin. He is really humble, super funny, and he has made my first week here pretty great. My new assignment is district leader which has been pretty overwhelming because I have no idea how to be a district leader, but we have a pretty awesome district and I am excited about it!

So Tarija is basically like Utah...it is a lot colder here than in Santa Cruz (like 60-70 degrees in the daytime) which has been super nice. The mountains here are incredible and I love everything about my area. I have been called to serve in a Family Group, which is smaller than a branch. Our grupo Familiar is called La Alianza, or the alliance. So there are about 30 members that go to church each sunday and we meet in a rented out house. This is a really tough area and we pretty much have no investigators right now so that's been hard, but we are working hard to find people to teach and I know things will get better with time!

One of my favorite experiences this week was in Church. There were about 30 of us seated in a small room for sacrament meeting and the high council representative was announcing the new callings of members. As I watched him standing in front of a table and we raised our hands to sustain these members in their callings, I thought of the organization of the Church in 1830. 56 People met in a log cabin and in that moment they could see the church a thousand times larger. I know that the Lord has great things in store for La Alianza and that this work will go forward because He is leading it!

I know that Heavenly Father loves us and because he loves us He sent His son Jesus Christ. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that as bearers of the priesthood we hold the power and authority of the living God to bless and heal his children. This is His work and I love being a part of it!

Love you all and have a great week! Please pray that we can find more people to teach!

Love,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment