Thursday, February 23, 2017

Omar's Baptism

                                                                                                February 6, 2017
Hi Family!
 
Thanks for your emails! Also, I got my Christmas package and I want to thank everyone for your gifts! We have been enjoying the candy and special shout out to Hilary for the sour patch watermelons...I was really missing those.
 
Also I just want to say, you guys are amazing and so generous for sending gifts for Elder Cohelo! He was really happy and I just thought to myself like Dash from the Incredibles, "I love this family!"
 
Thank you for your love and being so kind to everyone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This week was really great. We have transfers tomorrow and we aren't sure what is going to happen, but they are going to open another area in Guapilo which is really exciting! We have been waiting for this since I got here haha. The area is way too big and has way too much potential for just two Elders. So we will see what happens.
 
We found a new family this week that are so prepared, the Familia Serrate! One of our lessons fell through and as we were walking to another contact we talked with a man who was with his son outside the house. He invited us in and we visited with his wife and their FIVE SONS! The mom has A LOT of questions and they are recently reading the bible each day as a family. She went to mormon.org after our second visit and chatted with three different representatives. On Saturday we invited them to the baptism of Omar and the mom brought all five of her kids! So that was the first miracle...
 
During the baptism and as I was changing after the baptism I closed my eyes and prayed that Omar's parents and Familia Serrate could feel the Spirit. After the baptism, we gave them a tour of the chapel with the Elders Quorum president Hermano Millares accompanying us.
 
We asked them how they felt during the baptism, and the 13 year old son Diego told us he felt good. I asked him if he felt anything different, and he said, "Yeah, like this is the Church I should join."
 
 
Heavenly Father answered my prayers and I am really excited about this family!
 
And more about Omar...he has been going to church for a few months now and he was finally baptized this Saturday! We had to rush a little bit to finish preparing him, but he was ready. His parents are so supportive and even though they have different religions they understand his baptismal covenant and are ready to support him. His mom gave the closing prayer in the baptism and it was really special...she said she knows this is the path that he should take and the path that will lead him back to Heavenly Father! Hopefully we can work with them in the future, for now they are being prepared by their son.

 
Below is a picture of Alfredo, one of our favorite members of the Ward who likes to speak English.
 
     
Here is a picture of our zone:
 
 
I love this work and I love each of you!
 
Have a great week!
 
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment