Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Come Unto Me

                                                                                                          April 23, 2018
Hello All! 
 
This week was great, it got real hot again here in the Chaco which is good because I will be real tan for Hil's wedding. 
 
The English class was a little disappointing this week, but we met 2 new investigators and when we got to the church there were a ton of kids playing basketball. So we started playing some pickup since no one was there for the classes. One of them was a member and the rest weren't, so we have another game lined up for this Saturday in the church.

Grabbing a bite to eat on our P-day
We started teaching Apolo this week. He is an older man who attended the baptism and is really open to learning. He told us he has a desire to change and grow closer to God, but he didn't show up to church yesterday which was pretty disappointing.
 
We're also teaching Joel, a 17 year old who has been going to church almost every Sunday and said he feels bad inside when he doesn't attend. This week he accepted a baptismal date for May 5th and so we will be working with him to help him obtain a testimony this week.
 
Also Fernando who we found quite a bit ago...he is 14 and his mom is a member. They went to church yesterday which was great! The sad part is he is really shy and never wants to stay for the classes, so pray that he can overcome those fears!
 
This week I read some of my new favorite verses in the Book of Mormon, 3 Nephi Chapter 9 verses 13-14. Here Jesus Christ is talking to each one of us:
 
"Will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins,  and be converted, that may heal you? Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."

I know our Savior Jesus Christ loves each one of us and every day invites us to abandon our sins and come unto Him. His arms are always open to us, no matter how far we wander or how serious our sins may be. I love Him and I am so grateful for the chances He gives me to repent and come unto Him!

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment