Sunday, April 22, 2018

Channel 5 and Exciting News of Baptisms

                                                                                                     April 16, 2018

Hello Family,
 
What a week!!

This week I was on national Bolivian television! (The national part is probably not true.) We were handing out flyers in the university again when a man walked up with a camera and took a strange amount of interest in what we were doing. So he interviewed me about the English classes for a good 5 minutes and I got to give a short commercial. In the past few days a few people told us, "Hey I saw you on channel 5," and some people who had never attended already knew the direction of the church. So all I can say is, "thank you channel 5!" Although sadly, no one new attended in the end...
 
And now for the REAL GOOD NEWS...  Simon, Sihomara, Sandra and Ruth were BAPTIZED!!

The baptism was amazing!!! There was a great turnout from the Ward and a ton of people came to support their friends and family members as they made a covenant with God!

Simon and Sandra both bore their testimonies on Sunday and they have such strong testimonies of the gospel. Sandra said she felt the Spirit so strong as she was baptized and confirmed and it couldn't have been better!

Oh I keep forgetting to mention that we didn't have transfers! You probably already assumed but Elder Vasquez will be finishing his mission here which means I will do the same! It is going to be a great next few months and I love this Branch!

I know God loves us and cares about each and every one of us. He sent His only Son to rescue us from death and sin. Jesus Christ loves us and gave His life for us because He is our friend. As we follow Him, we show our gratitude for what He did and we can be forgiven of EVERY single mistake we make.

Love you all!
 
Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Harris

P.S. Today I tried another food challenge and failed miserably. Sorry mom I know I let you down.

 
 The Burla Burger challenge  
 

 2 - 2 lb burgers: 2, Elder Harris: 0
 

No comments:

Post a Comment