Saturday, April 14, 2018

Happy Holidays! (Birthdays and Father's Day)

                                                                                                       March 19, 2018
Hi Everyone!!!

Happy Bolivian Father's day! Shout out to all the Bolivian Dads out there making a difference in the lives of Bolivian children all over Bolivia. I will never understand why they can't celebrate on the same day as everyone else.
Nothing like fried yucca cheese on a stick!
Also, this Friday is the birthday of two incredible women: My very own amazing mother, and my Bolivian grandmother, Olga Rodriguez. Make sure to wish them a happy birthday! (If you speak Spanish and would like to wish Olga a happy birthday, let me know and I can give you her deets.)

Celebrating with a special Birthday party for Olga
This week was great, Saturday was Ivan's baptism which was really special!!!
He was so happy afterwards and he has been asking a lot about serving a mission which would be the coolest thing ever! We made chocolate chip cookies for the baptism (shout out to Rebekah for the stellar recipe) and it was an amazing service.


Also, on Friday one of the sister's investigators, Felicidad, was baptized. She used to live in our area and attend Church in our branch, so I already knew her and her conversion story is amazing. The Spirit was so strong in both baptisms, and I am so grateful that "the power of godliness is manifested in the ordinances thereof."

Today I read a really neat scripture that I wanted to share: Alma 10:21. Here are the words of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. "I will come down among my people, with equity and justice in my hands."
 
I know this is true! He has come and the marks in His hands from the nails are marks of equity and justice. In one hand, equity, because each one of us is given an equal chance to repent and be forgiven of our sins, and in the other justice, because he paid the necessary price.


I am go grateful for Him and for this opportunity I have to represent Him and share this news with others. He lives!

Love, 

Elder Harris
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment