Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Exotic Bugs

                                                                                            March 12, 2018

 Holaaaaaaa,

This week was fantastic! We have still been in the process of planting seeds which makes me really excited to finally get to growing and harvesting! But we have met some really amazing people this week and found several families where not all of them are members of the Church.
 
But first, (Last Monday, our P-day-or day off) we went on a hiking adventure as a Zone.
I love these missionaries that I have the opportunity to serve with and wanted to share some great pictures. At the end, I've even included some pictures of exotic bugs. Only to be found in Bolivia!

On our hike, we visited a river area with a dam.    

 
Elder Vasquez and I sitting on top of the dam
Cool picture of looking down at the waters below



We even found some old animal bones.

Although we don't get these kind of excursions very often, our hike was very scenic and we had a great adventure!


This week, our English class on Saturday was a huge success! We made some great flyers and put them up around all the schools in our area. (There are like six.) On Saturday, 5 people we had never met just showed up at the church to learn English! It was a great way to help people to get to know the church and I invite all of you to attend if you would like to improve your English! Saturdays at 5 in Calle Bolivar.

Other than that, the most exciting news is that Ivan will be baptized this week! He is really excited and we are happy for him too! It has been tough for him to get to this point, but he has really been doing his best lately and he is finally ready!
 
Yesterday in Church we were talking about revelation and I was asked by someone in the class if I had ever received revelation. Well, revelation is the communication between God and His children. Well, has God ever talked with me? YES! And He wants to talk with each one of us! He does it through the Holy Ghost, which makes us feel peace, happiness, and a surety that what we are learning is true!
I received revelation yesterday as I felt the sweetest, most assuring feeling as we sang, "I Stand All Amazed." I know that Jesus Christ really loves me. He came to this earth and gave His life because of that love and wants me to live with Him again someday! There is nothing more amazing than feeling the love that He has for us and knowing that He truly is our Savior! If we do our part, each and every one of us can feel that.
 
Love you all!
 
Elder Harris

P.S. Look what we found!  Exotic bugs!!! Only in Bolivia





















         

No comments:

Post a Comment