Thursday, March 1, 2018

Beautiful View

                                                                                                               February 26, 2018
Hello!
 
This week has been great! We have been busy as ever and the weather has been ideal so nothing to complain about!
Well, perhaps due to the title of this email you are expecting me to send some pictures of the nature. Boy were you wrong. This week we went to a new town called Bella Vista. It means, "Beautiful View," in English for those of you who are not Spanish inclined. Here in Bolivia it is a small town of about 2000 people. Felix and his wife Ingrid live there so we went to visit this week!
We are going to be working a lot with their family this week because we found out that Ingrid has several in-laws that have never been baptized. One of them is named Sinai (super cool name huh?) and went to church yesterday. So next week I will let you know how she is doing.
A part from that we have been trying to work a lot with the members, we have been also trying to find more people to teach! On Tuesday, I felt discouraged because it seemed like all of sudden we had no people to teach and no one was progressing. But I soon read a quote from President Monson that I have read 100 times before, but this time it was different: "Now is the moment for members and missionaries to unite!" As I read this, I felt that this was written just for me, in this specific place, in this specific time. It is amazing how Heavenly Father communicates with us through the words of His Prophets. Whether it be as we read from the Prophets in the Bible or as we read the words of the living Prophets today!
Yesterday we met Fernando, a 14 year old boy whose mom has been a member her whole life. We taught him about baptism and he read the story of Jesus Christ's baptism in Matthew 3. We focused on the last verse that says that when Christ was baptized, there was a voice from the heavens saying "this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased." We asked if he would like God to say the same of him, and he quickly responded yes. We then asked what he would have to do so that Heavenly Father feels the same way about him. Fernando said, "get baptized," so we are excited to work with him these next few weeks and he has a goal for the 24th!
Familia Ibarra Martinez are doing well! Next Saturday, March 10th, we are doing an activity with the Branch selling lunch so they can pay for their marriage. They are such an awesome family!
I'm sorry I have no funny stories for the moment. I can never remember them Monday mornings haha, but I promise I am enjoying every minute!
 
This is such a special opportunity to help people follow Jesus Christ and this week I read a scripture in John Chapter 10 that was a powerful reminder of why I am doing it: 

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life.

If we want to be His sheep, we have to hear His voice and follow Him. And if we do so, He will give us eternal life. He has the power to do that because He was willing to pay the price to obtain that power, and all He asks is that we follow Him.

Love you all! Have a great week! 

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment