Friday, April 21, 2017

First Dog Bite

Hi Everyone!                                                                                March 27, 2017

A little humor... this week was pretty tough. So for those of you who aren't familiar with Bolivian ketchup it is quite sweet. But this week we went to a higher class grocery store and I bought Hunts Ketchup, straight from the States. To be honest it has been hard adjusting back to the salty acidic taste and now I am just not sure which one I like better. More to come next week.

I want to share a few fun pictures of our world...

It looks like I'm finally official as I have received my Bolivian legal card.
 
 





















Look at these giant avocados!
I knew you would appreciate this mom!!













Giant cut out cardboard near the airport... Welcome to Tarija!!



This week was a pretty good week! We were able to find a few new investigators and people are progressing well. Elisabeth read 2 chapters in the Book of Mormon, but yesterday she didn´t go to church and we aren´t sure why, so please pray that she can attend this week and feel the spirit there!
We are also teaching Cristina Humacata (not the same Humacata family) She is a 40 year old woman and doesn´t have a family of her own, but she is progressing really well! On Friday we invited her to pray about the Book of Mormon more sincerely than she ever has and she accepted a baptismal date for the 15th of April. She came to the Women's Conference on Saturday and also church yesterday which was really exciting!
So, as suggested by the title of this email, I was bitten by a dog this week.


Last night at about 7:47 we were walking to the house of a recent convert when a dog out of nowhere bit my leg. It was quite unexpected and quite painful, but not a very deep bite.
I wanted to clean it so we went to the house of some less active members that live nearby.


When we got there all of their things where scattered and they started to tell us how the whole family was really sad and worried. They were trying to find a new house and had no hope.
We shared a scripture in Alma 37 about small and simple things and the parents began to cry as they told us that we had been an answer to their prayers. We hadn´t planned to go there at all, and honestly we only went because I got bitten. I was grateful to be an answer to their prayers and I know Heavenly Father's plan is perfect! A prompting may have been nicer than a dog bite, but if that's what it took to make us go to there house then I am okay with that.
I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ. This morning I read a really great scripture in the Book of Mormon.

22 And thus, notwithstanding there being many churches they were all one church, yea, even the church of God; for there was nothing preached in all the churches except it were repentance and faith in God.

This is the true church! It doesn't matter where we go in the world, as we attend this church our faith will be strengthened and we will be encouraged to repent and become better!

I love being a missionary and there is no greater joy in this life than that that comes from representing the Savior of the world!
 
Love you all! Enjoy Conference and have a great week!
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment