Monday, March 6, 2017

Nowhere I'd Rather Be!

                                                                                               March 6, 2017
Hi Everyone!!! 

So Carnaval was great! We got permission to watch a couple of Disney movies, took some solid naps, ate a lot of Ramen noodles, and cleaned our house. But as fun as that was, it was really good to get back to work on Wednesday!
Here is a picture of the parade outside our window on Sunday.
(We live on the 5th floor and have a sweet view.)

Companionship study (totally not staged at all). But we did actually study there on Saturday I promise.



This week has been difficult, but I have also had some really amazing experiences and have felt the Spirit so frequently!

The Ward is working hard and doing a lot to help us out and this week our area got a lot bigger because they have added a neighborhood to the grupo familiar, so we have inherited some investigators and potential investigators. But we still only have about 3 or 4 people we are teaching so please pray that we can find more people this week!

We realized we haven't really been talking to people this week and that's probably why we aren't finding (complex, huh?) So as sad as it is that it took us that long to realize that, we are going to open our mouths more this week! We set a goal of talking to ten people each day and I am sure that will help us find more of those people who are prepared to receive the gospel.

Some of my favorite moments from this week:

Thursday, I interviewed a young man for baptism who has some things he still needs to repent of before his baptism. It was such a special opportunity for me to testify of repentance and the atonement. I love testifying of repentance because it has truly changed my life! It is so amazing to look back and be able to say that I am no longer the same person I was a few years ago! And we can all say that each and every day as we choose to repent and follow the Savior daily!

One of the families we are teaching is Familia Gonzalez. Cristian and Maribel are 14 and 11 years old and their grandma is a member. Their parents are not interested, but this week we read from the Book of Mormon with them. One of their cousins was their reading with us from the first chapter of Nephi. His mom came to the gate and called him to go and he didn't want to leave. Sitting there with these three kids and reading from the Book of Mormon, the thought came to my mind " There is nothing I would rather be doing" The Spirit quickly confirmed it and I am so grateful to be here! I am grateful to be able to bring light into the lives of my brothers and sisters. These kids are remarkable and hopefully they can continue to prepare for baptism!

Lastly, yesterday was a great opportunity to fast! The law of the fast is the lords way of caring for the poor and needy! I have really come to love this commandment on my mission as I have the chance to pay a fast offering to help those people all around me who stand in need of so much. This is a divine law and there is no better way to sanctify ourselves and bless our neighbors than living this commandment!

I love you all and hope you have a great week! This church is true and Christ is at the helm! He loves us and will not let us fail in this great work of salvation!

Love,

Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment