Monday, December 19, 2016

Feliz Navidad!!!

                                                                                                           Dec. 19, 2016

Hi Everybody! Thanks so much for your emails--I loved hearing from everyone!
 
This week was a really special week and we have seen so much progress with our investigators!
 
First of all, thanks for all of your prayers because Sonia came to church yesterday! She came with us to sacrament meeting and made friends with some of the members of the Ward. After sacrament meeting we didn´t see her for a few minutes. We went to the Relief Society room and she wasn't in there. I freaked out like someone had stolen my child, haha. I whipped out the phone and we ran outside the chapel to find her! She was walking home and said she had to give the keys to her pharmacy to someone, but we encouraged her to stay so she could meet her baptismal date! She decided to stay for the second hour and we were so happy! She will be baptized either the 6 or 13 of January!
 
Also almost all of the familia Vaca Mendez went to church and the kids stayed all three hours! The Ward helped us out a lot  and I was so happy that they came!
 
Unfortunately, we couldn´t do our booth in the caminata because the assistants didn't give us permission. Bummer.
 
Quick side note before I forget but lately I have been complaining that we never eat anything weird and telling my companion how I thought I was going to eat dog and guinea pig and stuff. Well, yesterday we finally got to eat something semi-weird: cow heart! Some of our investigators from Peru fed us cow heart, haha. I freaked out when I heard it, but it was pretty good.
 
This week I felt our Heavenly Father´s love so powerfully and I just wanted to share two experiences.
 
On Wednesday we visited Hermana Carabajal. She is a member that lives by the Bishop.


Remember the picture (above) I sent of the service we did recently was for her. On Tuesday she was robbed and they stole everything of value she had. Her husband who lives in Paraguay recently took the children so she is alone. She was so sad and I decided to share Doctrine and Covenants section 122 with her, one of my favorite scriptures. It describes all of the trials the prophet Joseph Smith would have to endure, and then says "Know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good" I felt so much of His love as I testified to the Hermana that He will never allow anything to happen to us that is not for our eternal well-being! He loves us and that is all we need to remember when things get hard!
 
Last night we visited Selbi and her family (we are now teaching her brother and dad which is super exciting!)
Picture of Selbi's family at her baptism.
We didn't have much time so we decided to watch, the "Light the World" video with them. I love that video so much! As we watched I was brought to tears because I felt so strongly the Savior´s love. I love watching the scenes from His life as He lifted others up and held them in his hands. Until he comes again, we are His hands. What an amazing opportunity we have this week and throughout the year to pick up our brothers and sisters and lift them to new heights! We can help them feel of His love with each thing that we do!
 
Thank you all for sharing your light. I hope everyone has a great Christmas and can´t wait to talk on Sunday! Light the world!
 
Love,
Elder Harris


No comments:

Post a Comment