Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Answers to Prayers

                                                                                                          Sept. 5, 2016
Hola Familia!!!
 
This week in itself has been an answer to prayers. Thank you for all of your prayers and fasting on my behalf! I have been happier and enjoyed being here more and I am really grateful for all you have done.
Elder Sierra and I classing out in our sweaters.
Just a few quick funny and interesting things:

There is one field in our area where a bunch of owls live, which is super cool and unique because I've never really seen owls. There are usually 5 or 6 just hanging out and if I ever get the chance I will take pictures.

Also, this week we moved into a new house, which is a lot smaller, but perfect for what we need! And it is clean so we just have to keep it that way haha. Nice vaulted ceilings and it has really been a great change.
One time this week I was really tired and I know I did this once before during our family prayer haha but it was about 10:23 at night and I started my personal prayer. We usually pray as companions after so Elder Sierra just had to wait for me to finish. I fell asleep about halfway through my prayer, but I was kneeling with my head in my hands so Elder Sierra couldn't tell. He had a stressful day that day so he was thinking --Man this kid is really pouring out his heart. Then as time passed...Wow Elder Harris really loves me. He is praying on my behalf for this long...  and then after about 15 minutes he thought.. Wow this guy is a spiritual giant. He is amazing! And all the while I was just sleeping. So after 17 minutes at about 10:40 he saw me twitch, and he was like,--wait a minute! So he woke me up and then we just laughed about the whole thing for the next 5 minutes haha. And that is the story of the 17 minute prayer.
 
But on a more serious note, there are so many joys that come from this work. This week we started teaching a 17 year old boy named Paul, who I met on the bus last week. I almost wasn´t going to start talking to him, but I am so glad I did because he has been really prepared to receive the gospel. He already has a strong testimony of Christ and the bible and he has gladly kept his commitments. I am so excited for him and hope he can gain a testimony of the book of mormon this week!
We are also teaching two young women whose sister is a member. Their names are Claudia and Ximena. Saturday night we invited them to be baptized and although they were a little hesitant they accepted. We picked them up for church the next day and they stayed all three hours! The ward is really welcoming them and that has been great.
The last thing I wanted to share is that on Tuesday, we were walking around near our house and trying to decide where to go. Elder Sierra thought we should go to Familia Flores, and I don't really know everyone yet so I just agree with and follow all of his decisions haha. Anyway, they are a less active family with 3 or 4 kids. We taught a short lesson using the image of the tree of life. I testified that we don't need to wait to enjoy the fruit. We already have the iron rod in front of us and there is no reason to continue to be lost in the mists of darkness. Shortly after, Sister Flores told us that she had been praying all day and then we showed up. She didn't believe us when we told her that we had no plans to visit them that day. It was such a faith building experience for me because all I could think about while she was crying and sharing this with us was, this is why I came on a mission! In reality, I came to be the answer to someone's prayers and it is such a privilege to be doing the Lord's work here in Bolivia.
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! Thanks for all your encouragement and loving words!
Love,
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment