Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Mission of Miracles

                                                                                                          February 5, 2018
Hi Everyone! Happy February!

This week I was reminded once again of why this mission is called, "the Mission of Miracles." We were blessed and guided in so many incredible ways and I wish I had time to share them all, but today I will just share a few!
 
On Monday we were knocking on doors for a few minutes. One 25 year old woman opened her gate and we started talking with her. She was polite, but did not appear to be interested in what we had to say. Suddenly, a young man walked up from the street and said Hi to us, and I soon recognized him as Ronald, an investigator I taught 9 months ago in Tarija! It turns out this was his house and he is here until college starts up again. When his sister saw that we were old friends, she quickly invited us in and we were able to teach both of them. This was our first big miracle and a huge testimony to me that Heavenly Father called me here to Yacuiba!
 
A while ago one of our investigators told us about his friend Leoncio who has Parkinson's disease. We finally had the opportunity to go look for him this week. We quickly found the house, knocked on the door, and a middle age woman came out. To our surprise, she told us she was a member of the church! She invited us in and told us she is from Tarija. I asked what part, and she said San Luis, the same area I was serving in. She told me her Dad was the Branch President of the church there and I said, "Your dad is Luis Diaz?" Luis Diaz was my branch president in Tarija! What is even more miraculous is that she has been less active for several months and days before she had prayed to God to help her return to the Church. We were the answer to her prayers! We are now teaching her father-in-law who has Parkinson's and I know we were guided to this family!
I have no doubt that this is the Lord's work and that He directs it each and every day! We were blessed to be instruments in His hands this week and there is no better feeling than being the answer to someone's prayer!
 
Felix's baptism was incredible on Saturday!
        
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He was so happy and the baptismal service was unforgettable!!  
 
 
 
His wife Ingrid, who has been a member of the Church for many years, gave the closing prayer. At one moment she broke into tears thanking God that her husband had finally taken this important step for him and his family's happiness!
 
 
We are so excited for them and can't wait for one year from now when they will be sealed in the temple as an eternal family! 

We were blessed beyond belief this week, the members are helping us so much and I love this branch more than I can express!
 
Lots of progress, this week Maribel and Estefani will be baptized! Im really excited for them and especially Maribel for the progress she has made!
 
I love you all and hope your week is great! There are no such thing as coincidences, our God is a God of miracles!
 
Love,
 
Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment