Tuesday, January 23, 2018

8 Vasos al dia (Eight Glasses of Water)

                                                                                                      January 15, 2018
Hi Everyone!                                                                                 

Alan was baptized and Elder Matheson sent me a picture! Although, I was sad to not be there, I am very excited for him and know that the gospel will bring great blessings and joy into his life.


It's been an awesome first week in Yacuiba! I realized that I left a lot of details out last week, so I will try my best to get you caught up today.

Yacuiba is a town of about 125,000 people and here in Yacuiba there are three branches. Ours is the biggest with about 150 active members. The leadership is awesome and really hard working. It is a really well run branch which is exciting! Hmm what else...we are the only set of Elders here in Yacuiba, the other two branches have sister missionaries. This zone has two other Districts in two far away towns that we visit every other week so it is quite different from La Pampa. The funny thing is since there are no other Elders here in Yacuiba, we are both the Zone leaders and the District leaders which is super strange and there is no other place in the mission like this haha.

The title of this email is a friendly reminder to drink 8 glasses of water a day. It is quite hot here in Yacuiba and this house doesn't have air conditioning like my last house. So we have been drinking A LOT of water. Please follow my example in being the perfect water drinker.

We have been super busy with finding this week! We have talked to tons of people and I love Yacuiba because everyone is so receptive here! Noone rejects our message and we have been able to find a lot of new investigators this week! One of them is named Herlan. He is 21 years old and yesterday accepted a baptismal date for February 3rd!

Also our area is GIGANTIC and we have a lot of countryside which is quite scenic and gives us lots of opportunities to star gaze at night. From what I have seen so far, it looks like the typical food here in the countryside is a fried egg sandwich with ketchup because that is what EVERYONE has been giving us. But I do like ketchup and eggs, so I cannot complain.

The branch is awesome, my companion is really funny, and we get along great! Everything is a little different from Lucero but I have grown to love change and can't wait to make the most of it!

I know this church is true and that this is the fulness of the gospel! I love sharing this message with others and hope you all are doing the same!

Love,

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment