Monday, November 21, 2016

News! First Cambio or Transfer

                                                                                                                Nov. 21, 2016

So this week, I received news on Tuesday that I have been assigned to be a trainer for this cambio or transfer. I'm really excited and happy and feel grateful for this opportunity! I also feel a little inadequate, in that I am still learning and growing, but I know that the Lord will bless me.

 
My companion is Elder Cohelo. He is from Iquitos Peru and fresh out the MTC. He is such a good teacher and so good with all the members and people in general!  He is also 21 so it is a little weird training him, but really good nonetheless!

I trust that the Lord asked me to train Elder Cohelo because He loves me and it will make me into the missionary I am supposed to be. I look forward to serving with Elder Cohelo!
 

In other news, they didn't open an area so we are still the only two Elders in Guapilo. Also I will give the sad news first: Sonia didn't come to church yesterday so her baptismal date for the 10th of December will be pushed back. We are going to try and visit her today or tomorrow and see what happened, but please pray that she can come to church this week!
 
Also, this week we were able to teach the familia Vaca Mendez and more and more people keep coming to the lessons haha. It is a family of somewhere around 12 and many of them accepted a baptismal date for the 6th of January! Yesterday they were going to come to church, but there was some sort of emergency so the adults couldn't. We passed by the house to pick them up and asked the kids if they still wanted to go. Four of them said yes, and so we all went to church together! This was such a great example to me of faith and desire to draw closer to the Lord. They had never been to church before and knew no one, but stayed all three hours. Last night Jose, the 11 year old son, asked us if we were going to have church again next week! This family is super prepared and I am so excited for them!
 
Something I have been really grateful for is the sweet presence of the Spirit. On the first day of this cambio (Wednesday), I received a promise from the Lord that we are going to be successful this cambio! It has been such a comfort for me to know this and I am grateful for the influence of the Spirit.
 
I know that Heavenly Father loves us and His only purpose and objective is our eternal happiness! He does nothing save it be to accomplish that purpose. If we can remember this we will be able to endure any difficult moment or trial!
 
I love you all and hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving! As members of the church we have so much to be grateful for!
 
Happy birthday to Jade, Dad, and Theo. Eat a lot of cake!
 
Love,
 
Elder Harris





No comments:

Post a Comment